Thursday, September 13, 2012

Some Not-Often-Publicly-Acknowledged Things in My Life that Make Me Happy


  • The burst of pleasant air temperature when you walk into some department stores
  • Music while I'm on hold that's periodically interrupted by an assurance that my call is important and someone will be with me as soon as possible
  • The Lysol wipes for the shopping cart
  • The flashlight on my smartphone
  • Tomcat mousetraps (the old style gives me heart palpitations)
  • How the recycle trash can doesn't get nasty at the bottom
  • The feel of new socks
  • Lying on the floor during a good conversation
  • A freshly cleaned windshield
  • Holes in the bottom of the kitchen trashcan that make it easy to remove the bag
  • Boneless chicken
  • Strong water pressure in the shower
  • Laundry detergent containers with a button dispenser on the bottom
  • Seeing a driver use a blinker
  • The 30 second fast-forward button on my dish remote - from tackle to hike in one press.
  • Dollar menus
  • Soft towels
  • A chocolate bar with nuts...that actually has a lot of nuts in it
  • Libraries
  • Sliding into bed when the sheets have just been changed
  • Finding my things where I last put them
  • Jet-dry
  • Erasable pens
  • Leaving home and seeing the lights have already been turned off

1 comment: